OVerus Certification Requirements OVerview
The first requirement examines the brand itself. What is the essence of this product or service? Three categories:
- Acceptable. Products/Services are numerous and make up the majority of goods produced. Food, clothing, cars, real estate, newspapers, airline tickets, taxi rides, accounting services, travel arrangements, and pizza are just a few examples.
- Debatable. There is disagreement among the Christian denominations about some products and services, such as cigarettes. OVerus has decided to err on the side of caution, and currently items in this category cannot be certified.
- Ineligible. Products and services that disregard Christian values, such as pornography. These are not eligible for certification.
Assuming that Brand falls into the "Acceptable" category, the next step is to assess a brand's position relative to "The Six."
- Feed the hungry
- Drink to the thirsty
- Welcome a stranger
- Clothe the naked
- Care for the sick
- Visit those in prison
Brand must support all six of these principles.
Steps to Certification
- Fill out the form under the Start the OVerus Certification Process" heading on our Get Certified page.
- An Account Executive (AE) will be assigned to help you. The AE will be your designated point of contact at The OVerus Organization. They will be available to answer your questions, address your needs, and guide you through the certification process. They will contact you within five (5) business days of your submission.
- You will be assigned an application number. Refer to this number in all correspondence with The OVerus Organization.
- Complete and submit the OVerus application. Your AE will provide you with this form.
- Documentation review. Your application and inspection report will be reviewed by your Account Executive who will advise you whether or not OVerus can grant certification. In some instances adjustments may be required for certification to be awarded.
- Legal contract. The Account Executive will present a legal contract which specifies the certification agreement. If acceptable to you, the contract is signed, and a letter of certification is sent to you.
- Final approval. You may then sticker or affix the OVerus emblem to your products and submit your labels for final review.
- CONGRATULATIONS! You have now joined a family of companies which proudly carry the OVerus Emblem.
All Rights Reserved
OVerus reserves the right to deny certification to any brand.